'Le Rayon U' Translations

Répondre
Cam
Momie de Grossgrabenstein

'Le Rayon U' Translations

Message par Cam »

Hey all, Joined the forum a few years back and have enjoyed browsing the latest news and discussion but have yet to post myself. Unfortunately for me I don't live in the French speaking world like the majority of the fan base and I don't speak any French myself so I'll just post this here.
I collect all the Blake and Mortimer series in English and I have collected the French Edition of Le Rayon U. Unlike the Blake and Mortimer series Le Rayon U has not been translated into as many languages and this prompted me to do some investigating. I believe Le Rayon U has been translated into the following languages:
-French (Le Rayon U)
-Dutch (De U Straal)
-Portuguese (O Raio U)
-Spanish (El Rayo U)
-Italian (Il Raggio U)
-German (Die U Strahlen)
I'm really interested to see how many Languages Le Rayon U has actually been translated to, especially because it's one of the lesser known or read works by E.P Jacobs, and especially interested If an English Translation was ever done. :p
Kronos
Modérateur
Modérateur

Re: 'Le Rayon U' Translations

Message par Kronos »

Hi Cam, I just discover your question, and I can confirm to you that no other language had pleasure to join the list you put above. They are the principals an common languages in comics used all around the World
Dispately, english one is not present, I don't why. Perhaps Cinebook will translate it ??? You could ask them to know what...
Cam

Message par Cam »

Hi Kronos, thanks for your reply and confirmation. Yes it does seem that no official English publication has been done. I might reach out to Cinebook in curiosity, I think it would be great to have an English translation published as it would make it much more available to the large English reading audiences.
George

Message par George »

Cam a écrit :
10 avr. 2020, 03:01
Yes it does seem that no official English publication has been done. I might reach out to Cinebook in curiosity, I think it would be great to have an English translation published [...]
We've been discussing Blake and Mortimer over on Tintinologist for some time now, slowly tracking the English-language publications.

Cinebook has done a great job where others have failed (Blake and Mortimer Editions grinding to a halt in 1988 after six volumes; Comcat barely getting two into print before giving up in 1990) and recently have published new albums in English the same time as the rest of the European languages.

And to keep this on topic, they are now reaching back in to Before Blake and Mortimer with a plan to pubish 'The U Ray' later this year. There's more on Cinebook's website - the most recent catalogue has some information.

Répondre

Retourner vers « Blake and Mortimer in English »